This is such a refreshing and cooling beverage in the summertime. But I looooove anything with mango and mint. We use a Pinhead Gunpowder Tea blended with a bit of both Spearmint and Peppermint to compliment the tropical flavor of the Mango. Both mints are cooling and refreshing in the summertime heat. Give this one a try. You’ll love it.
Gunpowder Mango Smoothie
This is a great Spring/Summer smoothie. Change it up with different fruite for some variety. Don't be afraid to experiment.
- Tea Steeper
- Tea Pot/Kettle
- 2 Glasses (16 ounce each)
- 2 tsp Pinhead Gunpowder Loose Leaf Tea Morroccan Mint is also a great option
- 8 oz Distilled Water
- 1 whole Mango
- 1 whole Banana
- 1 handful Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1 each Juice of Lemon
- 1 handful Fresh Spearmint & Peppermint Leaves
- .5 Cup ice
- Heat water to 175°F
- Steep tea for 2-3 minutes
- Strain off infusion
- Place all ingredients in blender
- Blend until smooth, adding more ice if needed
- Garnish with a sprig of Spearmint and/or Peppermint if desired
Notes: Optional - you can add a protein powder of your choosing for extra protein. Optional - top off with a spot of whipped cream if desired. If you're not fond of Spearmint feel free to substitute with Peppermint or leave it out entirely.
Leave a Reply