Want a carbonated drink? Don’t want all that sugar and other artificial ingredients in regular soda? Want something that is lower calories and that has some healthy benefits?
Tea Soda is so simple to make yet so delicious. It’s simply taking your favorite tea brewed double strength and add sparkling water for a simple, delicious, refreshing summertime treat.
Making Tea Soda
Tea Soda is such a refreshing drink any time of the year but particularly during the host summer months.
- Tea Steeper
- Tea Pot/Kettle
- 16 oz Glass
- 2 tsp Loose Leaf Tea of your choice
- 8 oz Distilled Water
- 2 oz Sparkling Water - unflavored
- 1-2 tsp Flavor Syrup optional: one that compliments the tea used
- Garnishing Fruit optional
- Sweetener of choice optional
- Heat water in Tea Kettle to appropriate temperature (see instructions on tea package)
- Steep Tea for appropriate amount of time according to package
- Chill in refrigerator while getting the rest of the ingredients prepared
- Fill glass 3/4 with ice cubes (not crushed ice)
- Pour chilled brewed tea over ice
- Add optional flavor syrup and sweetener
- Pour 2 oz Sparkling Water into glass
- Garnish with appropriate fruit if desired
Notes: Alternately, you can use cold-brewed tea in place of freshly steeped hot tea. See Cold-Brew Tea instructions.
Leave a Reply