Matcha is one of those “acquired taste” sorts of beverages. It has an earthy, grassy flavor. And it differs from other green teas in that the entire leaf is consumed rather than steeping and discarding the leaves. It can be enjoyed hot or cold….. All by itself or with added milk (with this recipe we are adding milk)….. With or without flavor syrups….. the possibilities are endless with Matcha.
- Matcha Whisk
- Tea Kettle
- 16 oz Glass or Mug
- .5-1 tsp Matcha
- 1 ounce Distilled Water heated to 165ºF
- 12 ounce Milk of choice Almond, Soy, Whole, Skim, Half & Half, Heavy Cream
- 1-2 Tbsp Flavor Syrup Lavender, Vanilla, Caramel, Salted Caramel, etc
- Whipped Cream optional
- Ice optional
- Heat Water and add Matcha powder
- Whisk Matcha powder until well blended and frothy
- Add Flavor Syrup of choice and to taste. Stir well
- Add Milk of choice (steamed/frothed or cold)
- Add ice if desired
- Top with whipped cream if desired.