We love our Winter Hot Toddies. They’re the perfect drink when you feel the “ick” coming on.
Winter Hot Toddy
This is perfect when the "ick" is starting to come on......or, you just want a relaxing hot beverage by a nice cozy fire.
- Tea Steeper
- Tea Kettle
- Teacup or Mug
- 8 ounce Brewed Winter Warm Up Tea 1-2 tsp Winter Warm Up Tea steeped in 8 oz Distilled Water
- 1 ounce Dark Liquor of choice Dark Rum or Bourbon is best but we use whatever we have on hand
- 1 piece Orange Wedge
- 1 piece Cinnamon Stick
- 1-2 tsp Elderberry Syrup Preferably locally made rather than bulk manufactured
- Steep Winter Warm Up tea 5+ minutes in 212ºF Distilled Water
- Strain off tea/herbs
- Add shot of liquor
- Add Elderberry Syrup
- Garnish with cinnamon stick and orange wedge
- Sip & Enjoy!!
Notes: Everyone is a little different in their taste for liquor. If 1 oz is too much it's ok to cut it back. If it's not enough....well then add to your heart's content. 🙂 If you need it to be a little sweeter, add a little honey or a little more elderberry syrup.